Eco-Friendly Bamboo Clothing and Underwear – the benefits
For years the sports industry has been developing sportswear using manmade fibres in the search for the ultimate breathable, sweat sweeping, temperature adjusting, antibacterial and comfortable solution. Many of these clothes are treated to achieve the required result and after just a handful of washes the treatment fades.
All of this time nature already had the solution, bamboo, ready and waiting to be turned into the very best eco-friendly high performance clothing and underwear for yoga, pilates, gym, fitness and running. No Balls are now producing beautiful, high performance bamboo clothing from yoga pants and harem pants to bamboo underwear and a whole variety of yoga tops and jackets.
Bamboo Clothing and Underwear – it's amazing properties
- Sweat Management – bamboo clothing sweeps sweat away from the body to the outer surface of the fabric where it evaporates. Fabrics like cotton absorb sweat and so is trapped until it dries.
- Temperature adjusting – bamboo clothing has millions of micro-gaps in the fibre which enables it adjust to your temperature – warm when you are cool and cool when you are warm.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal – bamboo clothing is naturally anti-bacterial and eliminates odour.
- Breathable – bamboo sportswear allows the skin to breathe keeping you feeling fresh.
- Anti-static and hypoallergenic – bamboo is natural and a great option for people with sensitivity to man-made fibres.
- Bamboo clothing is soft and fluid – a pleasure to wear!
Bamboo – the plant – ethical and robust
Bamboo is prolific – it is a grass and one of the fastest growing plants in the world - up to 2-3 ft per day in almost any environment from cold mountainous regions to hot tropical environments. It can be found in North and South America, East Asia, Northern Australia and Southern Africa.
- Bamboo is robust - it has its own built in defences requiring no pesticides or fertilizer – it is naturally organic.
- Bamboo requires very little water and grows from natural fall of rain rather than cotton which requires immense levels of water to produce.
- Bamboo is cut rather than uprooted helping soil stability.
- The yield on bamboo plant is 10 x greater than of cotton.