I came across this lovely risotto recipe in a few places recently and tried it – it is easy to make and tastes glorious, and just the thing for after a dance workout. This will give a good portion each for two people:
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 250g leeks – trim and slice into 1cm rings
- 250ml good (reduced salt) vegetable stock
- 150g arborio or paella rice
- 250g smoked haddock – skin off and cut into 2cm chunks
- 75g light soft cheese with herbs and garlic
Gently fry the leeks in the olive oil a large pan for 5 minutes until soft. Meanwhile, add 250ml of water to the stock and heat in either a pan or microwave.
One the leeks are cooked, add the rice to the leeks and cook for a couple of minutes. Then add the hot stock and bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the rice is cooked and all the stock has been absorbed – stir regularly whilst it is cooking.
Stir the haddock and the soft cheese, cover again and cook for a further 5 minutes until the fish is cooked through.